1. Review concept of Universe of Obligation
2. Textbook assignment! See PDF below. Complete in notebook.
WELCOME TO 2020!!!! And welcome back to school!
Today, we will begin our next unit: Unit 4: Progressive Era/Roaring 20s
Fun Day: Movie, Snacks, and Card Making
4th and 5th Period: Unit 3 Quiz on WEDNESDAY (plus: a notebook check AND your family narrative projects due)
6th Period: Unit 3 Quiz on THURSDAY (plus: a notebook check AND your family narrative projects due)
I will allow the use of a Warsaw Wild Card for projects to be turned in one day late---these will still be marked down as late but do get your way out of a zero...
1. Finish Carnegie/Rockefeller questions
2. Review last part of Unit 3 notes (living conditions in cities/working conditions in factories)
3. Read article: Are we living in the Gilded Age 2.0? CREATE venn diagram in notes! (differences/similarities between then and now)
4th and 5th Period: Unit 3 Quiz on WEDNESDAY (plus: a notebook check AND your family narrative projects due---no Warsaw Wild Cards)
6th Period: Unit 3 Quiz on THURSDAY (plus: a notebook check AND your family narrative projects due---no Warsaw Wild Cards)
Continue Unit 3 Notes (See PDF attached to last post)
1. Finish America the Story of US: Cities (answer worksheet questions in notebook!)
2. Small group brainstorm on possible interview questions for Family Interview Project
3. Continue Unit 3 Notes: Gilded Age (Immigration into cities: Urbanization & Industrialization)
After collecting notes for all 3 case studies on their push/pull immigration factors...
1. Introduce the Family Narrative Project
2. Watch America the Story of US: Cities (answer questions in notes)
Begin Unit 3: Immigration, Urbanization, Industrialization (Late 19th Century/Early 20th)
1. Notes on Unit 3.1: Immigration
2. Once we are finished with first part of immigration notes (below), each person will be assigned a group to read about and answer the question: "Why did [your assigned group] come to the United States?" After everyone is finished writing the answer for their group, everyone will need to make sure they have the answer for the other two groups. We will do this in class.