WELCOME TO 2020!!!! And welcome back to school!
Today, we will begin our next unit: Unit 4: Progressive Era/Roaring 20s
Fun Day: Movie, Snacks, and Card Making
4th and 5th Period: Unit 3 Quiz on WEDNESDAY (plus: a notebook check AND your family narrative projects due)
6th Period: Unit 3 Quiz on THURSDAY (plus: a notebook check AND your family narrative projects due)
I will allow the use of a Warsaw Wild Card for projects to be turned in one day late---these will still be marked down as late but do get your way out of a zero...
1. Finish Carnegie/Rockefeller questions
2. Review last part of Unit 3 notes (living conditions in cities/working conditions in factories)
3. Read article: Are we living in the Gilded Age 2.0? CREATE venn diagram in notes! (differences/similarities between then and now)
4th and 5th Period: Unit 3 Quiz on WEDNESDAY (plus: a notebook check AND your family narrative projects due---no Warsaw Wild Cards)
6th Period: Unit 3 Quiz on THURSDAY (plus: a notebook check AND your family narrative projects due---no Warsaw Wild Cards)
Continue Unit 3 Notes (See PDF attached to last post)
1. Finish America the Story of US: Cities (answer worksheet questions in notebook!)
2. Small group brainstorm on possible interview questions for Family Interview Project
3. Continue Unit 3 Notes: Gilded Age (Immigration into cities: Urbanization & Industrialization)
After collecting notes for all 3 case studies on their push/pull immigration factors...
1. Introduce the Family Narrative Project
2. Watch America the Story of US: Cities (answer questions in notes)
Begin Unit 3: Immigration, Urbanization, Industrialization (Late 19th Century/Early 20th)
1. Notes on Unit 3.1: Immigration
2. Once we are finished with first part of immigration notes (below), each person will be assigned a group to read about and answer the question: "Why did [your assigned group] come to the United States?" After everyone is finished writing the answer for their group, everyone will need to make sure they have the answer for the other two groups. We will do this in class.
On Wednesday (for 5th period) and Thursday (for 4th&6th Period), I will introduce your Unit 2 One-Pager and Reflection Essay Project. This can be completed almost entirely in class if you use your time wisely. I have included the Info Sheet/Project Research Page, and Grading sheet. We will review details (see attached Info Sheet and Project Research Page) but the work time line is this:
DUE DATES and GRADING
This project (one-pager AND reflection) will be due at the beginning of class on Tuesday, Nov 19th (5th&6th Period) or Wednesday, Nov 20th (4th Period). ***Warsaw Wild Cards DO NOT work for this assignment***
Everything combined will be worth 60 points total.
Here is the break-down:
Project Research page: 10 points
Rough Draft of One-Pager: 10 points
Final Draft of One-Pager: 25 points
Reflection Essay: 15 points
4th Period: Nov 12, 13, 15, 18
5th Period: Nov 8, 12, 14, 15
6th Period: Nov 8, 13, 14, 18
Suggested Work Timeline:
Your Project Research page should be completed by:
4th: Nov 13th
5th: Nov 12th
6th: Nov 13th
You should be started on your reflection essay AND your rough draft of your one-pager should be completed by:
4th: Nov 15th
5th: Nov 14th
6th: Nov 14th
Your final one-pager AND your printed, typed reflection essay must be turned in by the beginning of class on:
Tuesday, November 19th (5th & 6th Period)
Wednesday, November 20th (4th Period).
On the day listed above (Nov 19th/20th) you will also have your Unit 2 Notebook check!
I will be looking for the following items to be completed for full credit on your notebook check:
1) American Yawp: Mexico, Texas, and America reading questions
2) Race the Power of an Illusion video questions
3) Textbook notes (bolded/highlighted words) and end of chapter questions on Native Americans