1. Finish textbook activity (5-10 min)
2. Mini Post-WWI Lecture (NOTES)
3. Using the documents from the DBQ below, create a VENN DIAGRAM in your NOTES that depicts the differences and similarities of the 1920s to the 1930s. (You will need to include at least 12 pieces of information---at least one for each document)
1. ACT Bubbling!
2. Finish group activity about freedom of speech in current events (turn in both salmon colored worksheet and yellow colored worksheet)
3. Begin textbook activity about the end of WWI.
a. Read pages 248-251 together as a class
b. On your own, read pages 258-261 ("Road to Victory") and pages 262-265 ("Victory and Wilson's Peace) and for both chapters, answer the historical thinking questions in your NOTES! (8 questions total)
1. Finish US Entry into WWI activity and turn in worksheet
2. Civil Liberties in WWI: Freedom of Speech activity
-Overview of Schenck v. US (1919)
Link for Freedom of Speech Essay
-Articles for Freedom of Speech in Current Events below:
1. Notes on Unit 5 Intro and WWI
2. Activity: U.S. Entry into WWI
Today is a 7 period schedule day so each class will be 50 minutes long (except for a 55 min 1st period).
Today we will review the class syllabus and start Unit 5!
Once we are finished with Iron Jawed Angels, you will begin working in your assigned group on your 1920s Poster Project.
You will have two class periods to complete your project in class. You will have the first 20 minutes of the final class period to confer with your group and finish any last minute items and practice your presentation!
The last assignments going into the grade book for the semester are*:
1) Progressive Era DBQ
2) Iron Jawed Angels worksheet
3) Unit 4 Notebook Check (I will check on day of final)
4) Roaring 20s Poster Project (due/presentation on day of final)
*unless you completed your "last week today" presentation and then that grade will also be entered...
HERE IS THE FINAL SCHEDULE:
4th and 5th Period Final is on TUESDAY, JAN 28
6th Period Final is on THURSDAY, JAN 30
Finish Iron Jawed Angels and turn in viewing guide worksheet when finished with film!
1. Complete Progressive Era Reformers Chart (Progressive Era side complete from my notes and back side/current issues, complete on your own) **keep in notes for notebook check!**
2. Follow up lecture on more Progressive Era reforms (see slide show from Mon, Jan 6). NO NOTES REQUIRED FOR THIS PART!
3. Progressive Era DBQ (in class). Complete entire worksheet---No full essay required. This will be due next Tuesday, Jan 21 (4th and 6th) and Wednesday, Jan 22 (5th).
4. Once DBQ is finished, we will watch the movie Iron Jawed Angels and complete the viewing guide while you go.
1. Finish textbook assignment (keep in notes for notebook check at the end of the unit)
2. Complete personal/government obligations worksheet and have small group discussions followed by a class discussion