Hello! I'm so sorry we are not able to have class like usual right now but in the meantime, please complete the following items so that when we do return to school, we can continue to move forward in our learning.
Please complete all of the following in your NOTES. We will not have a notebook check for the notes you took on the Great Depression and WWI BUT we will have a notebook check on your WWII notes.
1. If you were NOT in class on Friday, March 13th, please review the Unit 5 Notes (below) on the Causes of WWII and the Rise of Totalitarianism. I do not expect you to take extensive notes, but I do expect you to be familiar with the material upon your return to school.
2. Using the photo gallery below, please read the two chapters posted and answer the Historical Thinking questions at the end of each chapter.
SO: You should read pages 404-405 & answer the 3 historical thinking questions on page 405 AND you should read pages 418-421 & answer the 4 historical thinking questions on page 421.
3. FOR EXTRA CREDIT: I highly encourage you to listen to the Radiolab podcast titled "Nazi Summer Camp". For extra credit, in your notebook, you have two options:
1) Write one paragraph as a summary and another paragraph on your reaction
2) Create a visual representation (drawings, etc) of your understanding and reactions as you listen.
If our time away from school is extended beyond these next two weeks, please make sure you are checking back here for instructions. Email me if you have any questions: email@example.com
1. Discuss Saving Private Ryan
2. Begin Unit5: WWII notes (essential questions and causes of WWII)
Continue watching Saving Private Ryan and completing worksheet
Remember that on Tuesday, 6th period is in the library!
1. Take about 10-15 minutes to finish the New Deal worksheet for your notes. Review Relief, Recovery, Reform terms as a class.
2. Take Unit 5 WWI/Great Depression Check In QUIZ
3. Read overview of WWII's "D-Day" Invasion
4. Start Saving Private Ryan (4th and 5th only...we'll start in the next class for 6th when we're not in the library!)
Monday's classes (4th and 5th) will be in the LIBRARY FOR FORECASTING while you complete this assignment.
OTHER THINGS TO REMEMBER:
-6th period will be in the library forecasting on Tuesday
-Your WWI/Great Depression Open Note QUIZ will be on Tuesday (4th and 6th) and Wednesday (5th) ***make sure to have your ipad with you and charged!***
1. Read your assigned Great Depression document and complete the required questions in your notes (see last class' post)
2. When finished with your document questions, complete New Deal Programs worksheet (keep in your notes) AND mark whether each program would qualify as RELIEF, RECOVERY, OR REFORM (or more than one!)
1. Follow-up discussion on Political Spectrum
2. Notes on Hoover v. FDR
3. Group Activity:
Answer the following in your notes for YOUR ASSIGNED GROUP. Read the document and do a little outside research...
How did the Great Depression affect the lives of Americans?
1. Finish "Causes of the Great Depression" NOTES
2. Watch and complete viewing guide for: America the Story of US: BUST
1. Finish venn diagram of 1920s v. 1930s. Discuss.
2. NOTES on Causes of the Great Depression
1. Finish textbook activity (5-10 min)
2. Mini Post-WWI Lecture (No need to take notes---just listen!)
3. Using the documents from the DBQ below, create a VENN DIAGRAM in your NOTES that depicts the differences and similarities of the 1920s to the 1930s. (You will need to include at least 12 pieces of information---at least one for each document)